- Siren testing is done on the first Saturday of the month, at 1 pm.
- Siren Testing runs from March through November.
- You do not have to be a Licensed Ham, nor a member of MSCG Inc. / GC-ARPSC to participate,
the general public is always welcome! - Reports can be phoned or text'd to 810-545-7260
- Please try to check into the net between 1230 and 1300hrs to annouce your siren location.
- See the official letter from Genesee County for the 2013 Testing Schedule.
- Visit the Siren List to select Sirens.
Priority for Checking sirens is reccomended as:
- Not "Operational"
- Oldest 'Checked Last' first
- Any others
- The sirens need to be checked as follows:
- The Siren horn rotates on its post.
- For the first stage, the Siren produces an up-and-down tone.
- For the 2nd stage, the Siren produces a steady tone.
(There will be a slight up and down sound from the siren rotating)
- The siren blasts in the correct sequence.
- Anything else out of the ordinary.
- Report your observations to the Net Control, or by phone (810) 545-7260 and have a nice day.
We are responsible ONLY for reporting the status of the sirens back to the County. It is the responsibility of ONLY the local municipalities to ensure the sirens are serviced.
Please do not attempt to the contact the County directly with Siren Status reports. They do not have the man-power or the time to handle individual reports. That is what we are for. If you want to follow up on the status of any given siren, you must contact your local municipality.
random text random text random text random text random text